Conor Daly Set to Pilot Team Moore Racing #22 for The Grand Prix of Houston
September 30, 2013 by Teri Thomas
Team Moore Racing is thrilled to announce that Conor Daly will be driving the #22 TMR-RUS INDUSTRIAL-ALS ASSOCIATION car in the Grand Prix of Houston on October 5, 2013. The 21 year-old American driver is a former Indy Lights driver (winner of Long Beach in 2011) and current GP3 driver who also made his debut at the Indy 500 this year. Conor is a second generation racecar driver, son of Formula One and INDYCAR veteran Derek Daly.
“I’m very excited to get in a lights car with Team Moore Racing. They’re prepared at a high level and I can’t wait to get on the street course in Houston. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the car but I am confident we can get up to speed quickly. I’ve known Mark for a long time and I’m glad we could put something together,” said Conor Daly.
Team Co-Owner Mark Moore added: “Tom Wood and I are very excited to have Conor Daly compete for us in the upcoming Houston Grand Prix. Conor has been racing at a very high level in GP3 the past two seasons with multiple wins. Houston being a first time event for our series, should level the playing field for all the drivers and teams. Conor will be driving the #22 Car which is the same number he ran when he won the ProMazda Championship in 2010. I believe our team is ready to match the talents of this young American star, and TMR can’t wait to get started in Houston.”
Sponsors joining TMR for the Houston event include RUS Industrial and the ALS Association.
RUS Industrial, LLC (“RUS”) is based in Channelview, Texas just east of Houston. Formerly known as Rig-Up Services, RUS is a turn-key provider of electrical, fabrication and coatings products and services for industrial, oilfield and energy customers worldwide.
The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit health organization dedicated solely to the fight against ALS. The ALS Association covers all the bases to help people living with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and to leave no stone unturned in search for the cure.
Daly drives full time for the French based ART Grand Prix team, which is regarded as one of Europe’s best junior teams. Past drivers to have gone through ART include current Formula One drivers such as; Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Sebastian Vettel, Adrian Sutil, Jules Bianchi and Paul DiResta.
Daly, is sponsored by: VBrick Systems, Inc., Ravilla Aerospace Industries, Delavaco Capital Inc., Callcap, Merchant Services LTD, Tom Lange Company and ModSpace with additional support from; Alpinestars, Aspin Group and St. Vincent Sports Performance.
A Dash O’ Daly
* 2013 GP3 – Win, Race 1 – Valencia, Spain
* 2013 Indianapolis 500 – AJ Foyt Racing
* 2013 GP3 Series – ART Grand Prix
* 2012 Won MRF Challenge Championship, India with four wins
* 2012 GP3 Series -Lotus GP – Scored 1st GP3 win in Barcelona, Spain
* 2012 Sahara Force India – Participated in two F1 data aero mapping tests
* 2011 GP3 Series – Carlin Racing
* Indy Lights – Sam Schmidt Motorsports – Led Indy Light championship after three
rounds after winning at Long Beach, CA before heading to Europe
* 2010 Formula Star Mazda Champion
* Record setting year – 9 Poles, 11 Podiums, 7 Wins, most laps led and largest
points winning margin in history of series
* 2008 Won Walter Hayes Trophy (FF1600), Silverstone, England
– First American and youngest ever winner at that time
* 2008 Won Skip Barber National Championship – 5 Wins
* 2008 Won Canadian Formula Ford 1600 Rookie of the Year
– 5 consecutive wins
* 2006 Three time World Karting Association Champion
* 2005 Kart Racers of America Junior Driver of the Year